Lagniappe Music Resources
Let’s keep music alive @ home with fun virtual music games, laboratories, and performances!
As part of KO@Home, we are offering a curated list of lagniappe music resources that families anywhere in the world can access anytime. Check out the list below to find resources of interest for your family.
- Conduct and Compose Music — learn how to conduct and compose music along with playing music games with the San Francisco Symphony
- Join the Musical Kidzone Game Room — visit the New York Philharmonic’s KidZone to play games like percussion showdown and instrument frenzy
- Learn about Orchestral Instruments — discover the sounds of orchestral instruments, learn about composers, play music games, create your own rhythm band and more with Sphinx Kids
- Make Homemade Instruments — discover instructions on how to make instruments from household items with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra
- Make Songs, Rhythms, and Melodies — use Chrome Music lab to make a variety of music with your family
- Play Music Games — hear what instruments sound like and play other music games with Louisiana Public Broadcasting’s PBS Kids Music
- Sing Songs from All Over the World — Build foundational music skills by listening, signing, and moving to songs from all over the world with Carnegie Hall’s Musical Explorers
- Tune Your Instrument — use this free, simple-to-use tuning app available for Apple and Android devices
- Watch Orchestra Performances — view several orchestra performances from the London Symphony Orchestra